Dental Inlays and Onlays are restorative methods which treat chipped tooth surfaces. They can be differentiated from crowns on the basis of the amount of tooth surface they repair. While the damage repair done by inlays is limited to the centre of the biting surface, dental onlays can repair a much greater damage, covering more of a tooth’s surface.
At East Cedar Dental we use top quality equipment to achieve precision in an effort to provide satisfying results to our patients. We recommend only the most suitable dental procedures, after studying their pros and cons. Porcelain dental inlays and onlays have many benefits, such as:
- More conservative in approach, inlays and onlays repair tooth damage without sacrificing much tooth surface.
- They provide for greater flexibility as far as the amount of repair work is concerned. Inlays can be used to fix a teeth in minutes with precision.
- Porcelain dental inlays are more resistant to discoloration than fillings, hence providing a shiny look for a longer period of time.
- Instead of completely reshaping a weak tooth, onlays can provide the tooth with additional strength.
- Dental Inlays can fill even the smallest gaps and provide them with long lasting support.
- The mouldable properties of porcelain and the minimal level of restoration required give it a refined finish and make them easier for the patient to clean.
Dental Inlays Available at East Cedar Dental in Newington CT
We provide dental inlays to families in Newington, Farmington, Wethersfield, West Hartford, Glastonbury, Rocky Hill, Berlin, New Britain Connecticut. Contact East Cedar Dental today.